April 19, 2009

TEACHER VS SANDWICH GRILL


Yesterday evening, I felt like (=me apeteció) having a sandwich. I took the bread, ham and cheddar cheese out of the fridge and tenderly (=con cariño) placed(=coloqué) the slices (=lonchas) in my favourite order. It was the first time I used that brand new (=nuevecita) sandwich grill, so I was really excited about it all. After a couple of minutes smoke came out of the sandwich grill,but I thought it was normal...hell it wasn't. Three minutes later, a flood of cheese(=una inundación de queso) was leaking out(=rezumaba) of the grill, as if (=como si) the grill were throwing up (=vomitando). Suddenly (=de repente), the grill started to TALK!!!!:
-"I won't be your slave(=esclavo),Mr.Tight...try to use me again and I'll grill YOU!!!"
-"I'm sorry, Miss Grill...I didn't mean to....(=no era mi intención)"
-"Shut up!!! How dare you!!!(=¿cómo te atreves?) I'll teach you a lesson!!!"
At this point, cheddar cheese was all over my kitchen floor, I could feel it hot under my feet.I took the bottle of Mr.Proper and threatened(=amenacé) the grill. When I was about to(=a punto de) pour (=verter) it on the grill, I woke up. I went to the kitchen and prepared a sandwich in the grill. Suddenly,smoke started to come out of the grill.....

7 comments:

Gemma said...

Ohhh!It`s horrifying! I will no use my grill never again!

Pablo (Mates) said...

Cheddar? Are you serious? Have you tried Gouda?

Mister Tight said...

I have tried Gouda,Pablo,but you'll only get the real american taste with cheddar cheese.

Gemma said...

I don´t like cheddar cheese. I prefer Torta de La Serena, mmm, mmm!

Nita said...

I thought I was the only one having a problem in the kitchen. Never again will I complain about my lost microwave... Have you seen it? I lost it so many years ago...

Mister Tight said...

Sounds like a Manolo escobar tune,Nita...

'My oven...has disappeared...
last night as I was sleeping...'

Nita said...

hahaha... you know... the old joke ;)