April 29, 2009

THE CONGRESS

Next Monday we will visit the Spanish congress in Madrid. You will see many interesting things: Lions made from(=leones hechos de) former cannons (=lo que antes fueron cañones), bullet holes (=agujeros de bala) from a coup d'etat (=golpe de estado) in 1981 (ask your daddy & mom), etc... Modern Spanish History has been cooked in this place, guys. This is the place where politicians (=los políticos) argue endlessly (=riñen sin cesar) and criticize one another. It is also the place where many important decisions are made(=se toman)
I hope you like it. Whenever (=cada vez que) I pass by (=paso por delante) I always look at the lions.They are huge(=gigantes) and impressive (=impresionantes). I pass by the congress very often because there's an excellent Italian restaurant nearby (=cercano) where I alaways enjoy lasagna!!! By the way,guys, behave yourselves (=pórtense como es debido)

3 comments:

Pablo (Mates) said...

I went to the Congress when I was even younger. We got a very funny picture of all my classmates. We were just 10!

Mister Tight said...

It's funny when you say
"EVEN younger..."
Thanks for visiting!!!

Nahiara b dc said...

I will be a good person in the congress...