April 21, 2009

TEEN TRENDS

hi!!!...I'm aware(=soy consciente) of the fact that many of you think that we teachers are old-fashioned,dull (dull=boring) teaching machines. You might even think we don't have a social life,some of you think we are 'teaching terminators' who get frozen on Friday afternoons and come back to life on monday mornings...well we are not. We also have trouble (=también nos cuesta) getting to understand some of your trends. Today,I'd like to take a look at some of them.
First of all...why do many of you think Jap(=Japanese) language and Jap looks are cool? Why not Chinese???Why don't you wear white socks and black shoes as Chinese guys do???I don't get it.Chinese seem cooler to me.And then...is it really necessary to put rubber bands (=gomas de las de correos) on your jeans???It really hurts my eyes to see it,guys.And then...what's so cool about tracking suits???(=chandals) Why wearing a cap (=gorra) if it's not sunny????Why such large caps???(=por qué las gorras tan grandes????). And finally...and most importantly...WHY DO YOU KEEP ON (=insistís en )PUNISHING (=castigar) US WITH YOUR CELLPHONE (=teléfono móvil) MUSIC??? DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WE'RE NOT INTERESTED IN HEARING YOUR MUSIC 24/7 ????????(=las 24 horas del día/7 días a la semana) I know you don't like many of our trends either, but I just need an answer,please!!!

2 comments:

Pablo (Mates) said...

I completely agree with you, especially about music. Oh, headphones, what a fantastic invention...

Pablo said...

Yes, I do agree with you too.


I don´t understand why pupils are always wearing awful caps and baggy pants...Do you want to be different?

At last, all of you,have the same look: it´s only a marketing game and you fall into the trap