February 12, 2010

RANDOM THOUGHTS ON A FRIDAY AFTERNOON


When I first arrived in Toronto,nobody picked me up at the airport.I was on my own,in a different country, with different people,in a different world. I didn't know which way to go,where to go,where to look for accomodation or who to ask for help.I thought the wisest choice then was to go to a cafeteria still inside the airport to have a coffee.It was way too hot, so I left it right there.I left the airport without knowing what to do.I called a taxi, stuffed my suitcase in the trunk and told him to start driving.He asked me where to. "Just drive" I said. He took me to the freeway and kept on driving.
"Excuse my interrupting, sir...but you seem to be rather lost if I may say so"-said the cabbie.
"You don't interrupt,and you're right.I'm lost.But it also seems to me that I'm starting to find myself.I've been lost all my life,and I've come here to meet me".
(Random thoughts on a Friday afternoon)

6 comments:

Pablo (Mates) said...

Random... and deep.

Mister Tight said...

Good heavens.This is the third time a Chinese posts a comment in my blog with Chinese characters!!!I never publish them because they always contain a link to some strange site I've never dared to check...WHY DO WEIRD THINGS HAPPEN ALWAYS TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Pablo (Mates) said...

Don't think about weird things. Spam is knocking on your door, that's all.

lopez said...

LOL: It's original definition was "Laughing out loud" (also written occasionally as "Lots of Laughs") :D

Mister Tight said...

hahaha.I can pull your legs,right???

Nita said...

I should be lost somewhere far away.... just to find me too... good thought!