June 21, 2009

LAMBS


Last week,I ran into (=me topé con) an old friend of mine,Dan.Dan holds duals nationality (=tiene doble nacionalidad),since he was born in the America military base at Torrejón de Ardoz.Consequently,he's American and Spanish.He's got a rock band, 'The Chips',and give concerts around Spain. Dan and I agreed to (=acordamos)go for a coffee,and we were talking about state-run schools (=colegios públicos) in Spain. He asked me if the situation was as bad as they pictured it(=tan mala como lo pintaban) on TV.I told him that it was far better (=mucho mejor) than what he saw on TV.
"what you see on TV is just the few bad exceptions to the rule,Dan"-I said.I then explained to him how sensationalist it was to talk about 'classroom violence', because most of the people don't work as teachers and don't know what it's like to be inside a classroom.
'They're all a fold of lambs, Dan'(=son todos una manada de corderos)-I said. 'But it is also true that even lambs need a good sheperd to take care of them.Otherwise,those lambs turn into (=se convierten en) wildhogs(=jabalíes)' Don't you agree,boys???

5 comments:

Pablo (Mates) said...

I do.

Nita said...

I partially agree.


You haven't worked in Tomelloso, haven't you?

Mister Tight said...

I haven't had the chance...what about it???wildhogs everywhere???

Pablo said...

wildhogs?

where are wildhogs?

Obelix

Nita said...

they are not really wildhogs...

I can't find a proper animal to describe them. They are really kind, but they have a strong personality... you have to get accostumed to them, that's the point!