November 02, 2009

LENTILS



Last weekend I was having dinner with friends.A couple I hadn't met joined us too. They were friends of one of my friends,if you know what I mean.The boy was tall and stocky,and most of the time we were talking about food.This young fellow took pride in being able to cook "deconstructed Spanish omelette with decomposed apple pie", which he had apparently first eaten at Ferran Adria's Bulli. He then continued stating that he couldn't understand people who didn't even want to try nouvelle cuisine, he said they were "narrow-minded hicks".
After a couple of hours listening to him I raised my cup and said:

"Honestly,I prefer a nice plate of lentils with pork-sausage,It has no Nitrogen or Oxygen,it tastes great and I don't understand those pompous and prepotent rednecks like you who prefer to eat a frozen criket"

1 comment:

Pablo (Mates) said...

Well done!

Mmm... lentils...