October 28, 2009

MY HOMETOWN


Dear All,

Today I'll talk about soccer,I don't feel like coming down on you. I grew up in a town on the fringes of the city, I grew up in Alcorcon.Today's the first time Alcorcón is in the news,it's everywhere!!!!!We used to be in the news exclusively when a politician inaugurated a hospital, or when there was a murder, etc...yet it's a pretty peaceful and quiet town. Yesterday we kicked Real Madrid's rear and defeated them in an unprecedented match where a team which has a 1.2 million budget won a team that spent this summer over 250 million signing up the best european players.

Why or how did it happen?I don't know,guys,I'm not too interested in soccer.I like to play,but watching is dull (unless it's a good match).I didn't watch yesterday's game,yet I wish I had.Of course,I'm not saying Atletico is better,We would've lost 6 or 7 nil!!!!I'm aware of the fact that atletico sucks...but as a famous Spanish songwriter says:

"It's just those little things..."