October 13, 2009

AGORAphobia



Dear All,


Last Saturday I watched the latest Amenabar movie,Agora.I've seen all of his movies,not that I specially like his movies,but because I like to be updated on what's going on in the scenario of Spanish cinema.I didn't like the movie at all,honestly.The only good thing about it is that it resembles an American production, and that's a positive thing to it. But the plot is dull,the actress sucks and the love story is exclusively mentioned at the beginning and the end of the movie. If you're not interested in Astrology or History, you won't like the movie,really.Actually,it's definitely the worst movie Amenabar has ever made and probably one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.I know criticizing is easy and movie-making is difficult, but my job is teaching,I'm not a director.The worst thing is the high amount of money that has been invested in making such a bore...God...anyway, I think I'd better go to the library and borrow a Sergio Leone or a Woody Allen...tomorrow'll be a better day.

5 comments:

Pablo (Mates) said...

I never go to the cinema to watch a Spanish movie.

Mister Tight said...

With all due respect,that's kinda narrow-minded;don't get me wrong,I love American & European movies as much as the biggest fan,but we're way over the Pajares and Esteso movies.There are plenty of new directors who are doing good, at times way better than American directors.

Pablo (Mates) said...

This is not narrow-minded, this is my own experience: the last 20 Spanish movies I've seen were awful and stupid.

Mister Tight said...

You haven't watched "Azul oscuro casi negro" or "Bajo las estrellas" ,have you?C'mon,dude,not all of them are rubbish.

Pablo (Mates) said...

You're right, not all of them are rubbish, but nearly all... You have to watch 100 movies to find just 1 good, and it's not a good percentage.