January 12, 2010

MY FIRST BOXING LESSON





Dear all,


Yesterday I took my first boxing lesson ever. It was tough...really tough. It lasted only an hour,but it felt like some three or four hours.I wasn't able to do as many push-ups(=fondos) as my instructor told me to do.I stood in front of a mirror practising the basic moves,and believe it or not my shoulders are all stiff and numb today, I could barely raise my arms to apply the shampoo on my hair yesterday evening!!!!The bottom line is that the guys who have been doing it for a year or two years were able to punch the balloon or whatever they call it, but it was my first day,and all I could do was stand in front of the mirror. That's exactly what you should do with the English Language: master the basic moves before you move on to more complex structures.Be humble and don't take anything for granted.That's the only way to become an all-time boxer in the english language!!!!

2 comments:

Pablo (Mates) said...

You're becoming a boxer! Oh, I won't be able to laugh at you anymore or you will punch me!

Pablo said...

I totally agree with Pablo!!!!