September 27, 2009

ON BEANS AND CHICKPEAS



Morning everyone...

It was a dim and cloudy day...I guess it was pretty much like today.I took a taxi from Heathrow airport to Hackney,a shitty neighbourhood in London.I got into my bedroom and didn't know what to do.I went to Tesco,one of the most popular supermarket chains in England.I remember perfectly I bought a bottle of Sunny Delight,a product that somehow resembles orange juice.I was heading to the aisle of chips when a man dropped in fron of me.He had had a heart attack,and there's little that could be done for him.He passed away in a matter of seconds.They covered him with a blanket of tinfoil paper...I bought a bag of chips...cheese and onion,I think it was.When I woke up this morning and looked out the window I thought of that day and the feeling I got when I saw that man lying on the floor...right next to the beans and chickpeas.
Whenever I'm at the market and walk next to the beans and chickpeas I can't help thinking that I could be that man lying on the floor to a foreigner who passes by on their first day in Spain.

1 comment:

Pablo (Mates) said...

I love Tesco. Chocolate is cheap!