December 14, 2009

LEARNING TO READ


Dear All,

I just want to mention how obnoxious and filthy a commercial seems to me.It is the christmas campaign for one of the most popular (if not the most popular) department stores in Spain.C'mon...you know what I'm talking about...green and black triangles on their bags...lights...."nameofthedepartmentstore-ylandia"...yeah,that's right. Their latest commercial features a girl in a car.The girl can't read the Spainsh word "pasteleria",she can read it,but baby-talking,so we think she's presently learning to read.Well, the family passes by one of these department stores,and just by looking at the Christmas Lights the girl says the name of the department store as if she had been able to read ever since the very day she was born.Thus,we are told that we learn to pronounce the name of that Department Store before we can actually read...ain't it smart????

2 comments:

Pablo (Mates) said...

I remember a commercial like this... A little boy could only say "806" because it was the name of a car.

You're the worst person ever! You have reminded me that catchy song! nameofthedepartmentstore-landia, nameofthedepartmentstore-landia, lara-la-lara-la-la-la-la. Aaargh!!!

lopez said...

marketing marketing marketing... it is everywhere. oh my god! they play with my mind!!!