March 11, 2009

BRITISH FOOTBALL


All my students come up to me (=se me acercan) crying and sobbing (=gimoteando) today. The reason is that Real Madrid got kicked out (=fue eliminado fulminantemente) of the Champion's league.Many of you have told me that in the first goal, Torres fouled (=hizo falta a) Pepe prior to (=antes de) scoring the goal. Let me tell you (=dejadme que os diga)something,guys.When I first played football in UK the British guys laughed their butts off (=se rieron hasta el espinazo) at the fouls I called (=las faltas que yo pitaba). After a while I learned to play british football,which is pretty(=bastante) different to what we play here in Spain. The plain truth (=la verdad como puños) is that Real made a fool of themselves (=hicieron el ridículo) just as much as Atlético probably will tonight(=tanto como probablemente el Atleti esta noche)...but who knows (=quién sabe?)...if there's one thing I like about Atletico is that it's impredictable (=impredecible)...we sometimes lose 2-0 and other days 5-0!!!!

1 comment:

Pablo (Mates) said...

I didn't watch the match, but I think if British footballers want to hit or kick somebody, they should play rugby, not football.